Extension Stats and Strengths
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
NC State Extension transforms science into everyday solutions for North Carolinians through programs and partnerships focused on agriculture and food, health and nutrition, and 4-H youth development.
At NC State, what we Think and Do helps grow North Carolina.
Discover more about How Extension Works, along with our 2030 Strategic Plan for ongoing growth and success. Employees can visit the Impacts section of the Brand Site for more resources.
View NC State’s Stats and Strengths or Rankings and Facts to learn more about how the university is a driving force for local, state and national economies.
- Featured Resources
- Key Facts and Figures
- Impact Handouts
- N.C. Agriculture Overview
- Past Reports
Annual Impact Fact Sheet
Extension Still Grows North Carolina
Keeping farmworkers safe. Supporting overwhelmed parents and teachers. Nurturing a new wave of home gardeners and cooks. Helping restaurants reopen safely.
When COVID-19 hit, Extension continued to be there for our communities.
KEY FACTS & FIGURES
Extension is the largest non-formal educational outreach organization in the 17-campus UNC system.
- 101 local centers (including every county and the Eastern Band of Cherokee)
- 1,294 Extension professionals
- 25,000+ educational programs
- 3.8M annual visitors to Extension websites
- $3.6M annual donations plus county investments in infrastructure enhancements
- 136,000+ educational outreach activities
- 2.6M participants in educational activities
Extension’s economic and functional impacts on the state are significant, with returns on Extension programming eclipsing the cost of operations many times over.
- $2.1B annual economic impact
- 27-to-1 return on annual government investments
- $36M in annual tax revenue generated
A dedicated group of volunteers play a key role in supporting our programs, helping us pursue local needs and enhancing our impact. In 2022, Extension volunteers…
- Donated more than $12 million worth of time and services
Extension Impacts 1-Pager (Teconomy)
Download the Full Report
FOOD & NUTRITION
|4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT|
|Extension keeps North Carolina’s nearly $100 billion agriculture industry growing, connecting farmers with research-based information and technology.||We help people make healthier decisions, lower their risk of chronic disease and live better lives through programs from nutrition to local foods to food safety.||Extension’s 4-H program addresses the diverse issues of today’s youth, helping to grow hundreds of thousands of youth into healthier, more involved citizens and future leaders.|
|90,348 educational activities offered
123,450 participants engaged in programs
3,003 farms and others in the local food supply chain that increased
49,998 participants engaged in programs
8,474 food-insecure households received emergency food assistance
188,425 youth participated in 4-H activities
4,046 youth gained college / career skills
These videos are housed on YouTube for easier embedding on sites and sharing with audiences through presentations, events or email marketing efforts that showcase NC State Extension. To get the video link and access other sharing options, click the three stacked dots icon at the top right of each video player box, then select Share.
NC State Extension Pandemic Response Video | We Still Grow N.C.
NC State Extension Annual Impact Video 2019-20
We Are NC State Extension
We Are NC State Extension (Condensed ver.)
Find N.C. Cooperative Extension partnership videos.
N.C. AGRICULTURE OVERVIEW & IMPACT
Agriculture is North Carolina’s largest industry, generating about $93 billion annually while employing roughly 18% of the state’s workforce of 4.5 million people.
The N.C. agriculture industry — including food, fiber and forestry — is the third most diverse agriculture economy in the country, with more than 90 crop varieties and a robust animal agriculture presence that comprises nearly 70% of the industry.
- 789,000 jobs
- 45,000 farms
- 8.3M farm acres
- #1 in sweet potatoes, tobacco and poultry/egg cash receipts
- #6 in livestock cash receipts
- #9 in all farm cash receipts
- CALS Impact Report 2022
- NC State Research + Extension | 2022-2023 Impact Handout
- N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative | Overview Handout
- N.C. Agriculture Industry Statistics 2022 (NCDA&CS)
- 2021 Report Summary Sheet (Full Report PDF | Full Report Digital)
- 2020 Report Summary Sheet (Full Report PDF | Full Report Digital)
- 2019 Report Summary Sheet (Full Report) (Watch Annual Impact Video)
- 2018 Report Summary Sheet (Full Report)
- 2017 Report Summary Sheet (Full Report)
- 2016 Report Summary Sheet (Full Report)
- 2015 Report Summary Sheet
- 2014 Report Summary Sheet
- 2013 Report Summary Sheet
- 2012 Report Summary Sheet
- 2010 Report Summary Sheet