April 20, 2021 Cool Weather Will Suppress Insect Activity Last week’s pest update provided options for insecticide applications at petal fall, …
Petal Fall Spray Options With petal fall spray imminent in most locations, insecticide options will depend on what was applied …
The risk of a blossom blight infection event is HIGH for Henderson County (NC) for Wednesday, April 14. The …
Springtime for beekeepers is synonymous with starting new colonies, especially since winter losses have been hovering ~25% every year …
It’s not just baby birds that hatch from eggs each spring. In the next several weeks, pine needle scale …
Last year, there was a lot of media buzz (no pun intended) surrounding the introduction of Asian giant hornets …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Schools & Child Care Facilities
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- APHIS Pest Detection and Management Programs
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Pesticide Section
- NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management
- Pesticide Environmental Stewardship
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Pest Management
This publication covers insect control in a variety of crops, as well as household pests.
This factsheet discusses protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO)-inhibiting herbicide injury in soybean.
This factsheet discusses ALS-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses PS-II-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.