Landscapers and Dealers needing Pesticide Credits and Contractors Credits will want to attend this class, we are offering it all!
The 2019 Madison County Landscape Pesticide Class will be held on December 3, 2019 at the Madison County Extension Center from 9:00am - 5:30pm.
The following options are available:
1. Farmers and Landscapers only needing Private Pesticide Credits for “X” category can attend the morning session and pay $5 at the door (lunch not included).
2. Utility workers needing Right of Way credits can attend the morning session and receive 2 hours of “H” credit and pay $5 at the door (lunch not included).
3. Landscapers and dealers needing commercial pesticide credits can receive the following credits: D: 4, I: 2, L:4, N:4. Class is from 8:30am-2:00pm, registration is $18 which includes a BBQ Lunch. To register, click on this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/madison-landscape-pesticide-cl…
4. Landscapers needing Contractor credits can receive 4 hours of technical Landscape credits and 1 business credit. Class is from 8:30am-2:00pm, registration is $18 which includes a BBQ lunch. To register, click on this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/madison-landscape-pesticide-cl… (pesticide credits listed in #3 will be granted as well).
5. Landscapers only needing Contractor Business credits can register separately for Cliff Ruth's: Basic Safety Concepts for Landscape Contractors. This class is from 3:30-5:30pm. You can register for this class at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/basic-safety-concepts-for-land…
The full day's agenda is as follows:
8:30am - Registration sign in and coffee
9:00-10:00am - Toby Obenauer: Herbicide Efficiency Through Application and Weed Control
10:00-11:00am - Amanda Taylor: Diseased of Landscape Annuals and Their Control
11:00am-NOON- Anthony LeBude: Glyphosate and Alternatives
NOON-1:00pm - LUNCH
1:00-2:00pm - Sam Marshall: Fire Ants and Emerging Insects
2:00-3:00pm - Ross Young: Chain Saw Safety
3:30-5:30pm - Cliff Ruth: Basic Safety Concepts for Landscape Contractors
To register, visit madison.ces.ncsu.edu and click on the Eventbrite link for the session(s) you want to sign-up for or if you don’t have access to register online please call 828-649-2411. ***Note: If you are only interested in the “X” credits (8:30am-NOON), registration through Eventbrite isn’t required but you will need to pay $5 at the door. Lunch not included.