In this follow up to Heirs Property: Standing on a Lot of Love webinar, we will take a look at one family’s journey with their heirs property to get much needed forestry and legal services for their land. Based on a fictional case study, this webinar will give participants a deeper understanding of the issues involved with heirs property such as owner conflicts and requirements to access services from government agencies and third parties.
After the presentation of the case study, participants will be able to ask questions. Plus, if you have any heirs property questions in advance that you would like us to consider discussing, please enter them in this survey. The presenters will select a few questions submitted by registrants to discuss.
By participating in this webinar you will...
- gain a deeper understanding of how ownership transfers through inheritance
- learn more about developing a strategy resolve or mitigate legal challenges heirs property presents
- develop an understanding of LLCs and of Trusts
- learn about USDA Farm Bill programs and resources for sustainable land management
- improve your ability to identify resources needed to reach one's goal
Note: If you missed the opportunity to view the first webinar, "Heirs Property: Standing on a Lot of Love," you can still watch the webinar on demand.Join the webinar on forestrywebinars.net
Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 01:00 (hh:mm)
Pre-registration not required.
- Mavis Gragg, Director, Sustainable Forestry and African American Land Retention Project
- Sam Cook, Executive Director of Forest Assets, North Carolina State University College of Natural Resources
Continuing Education Units:
- Society of American Foresters - Certified Forester Education (SAF-CFE) - 1 hour Category 1 Credit