Application Procedures for N.C. Cooperative Extension Jobs
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
All new applications will need to go to the NC State University Jobs website at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/ and setup a login ID and password. Once the login setup is complete, an N.C. Cooperative Extension application will need to be completed and submitted for each position that the candidate is interested in applying. Applicants for County Extension Director (CED) positions will be required to attach a current resume and cover letter to the application. Documents are not required for all other positions but may be attached at the applicant’s discretion.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Electronic Application Process
The following questions refer to the electronic application process for all North Carolina Cooperative Extension positions.
Questions Concerning the Application Process
Where can I get an application?
- The application is available at http://jobs.ncsu.edu.
To whom do I address the cover letter?
- You can address the cover letter to the County Extension Director, the District Extension Director, the Associate Director of Personnel, or the Employment Coordinator.
Can I send reference letters with my application?
- Reference letters are acceptable to attach to the application; however, they are not required during the initial review process. If you are selected for an interview, the reference letters would be requested at that time.
Do I have to send official transcripts with my applications?
- Transcripts are not required during the initial review process, however, unofficial transcripts may be attached to the application. If you are selected for an interview, the official transcripts would be requested at that time. Official transcripts are required to add any new employee to our payroll system.
Questions Concerning Recruiting Information
My GPA does not meet the minimum requirement of 2.5, but I have been working in the field for a number of years. Can my experience replace the GPA requirement?
- There is no work experience substitute for our minimum entry-level requirement of an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 overall or a 3.0 in the major area of concentration, or the completion of a Master’s degree. This item is non-negotiable at the request of NCCE Administration.
Would I meet the degree requirement if I have an Associate’s Degree in the related field and a Bachelor’s Degree in a non-related field?
- You will meet the degree requirement as long as you have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 overall or a 3.0 in the major area of concentration for your Bachelor’s degree. You will be required to submit transcripts for both degrees if selected for the position.
What is the pay range for an Extension Agent position?
- As of April 1, 2019, the current starting salary for an Extension Agent with a Bachelor’s Degree is $40,000 with a Master’s Degree is $45,000, and with a Doctoral Degree $50,000. Consideration is given for advanced studies and work experience relevant for each position and added to the base salary.
Read more at: https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/application-procedures-for-nc-cooperative-extension-jobs/
Questions Concerning the Review Process
Within what time frame should I expect to hear from a hiring official?
- There is not a specific time line that is followed in filling positions. All County Extension Director and Agent positions are required to be posted for a minimum of 2 weeks. All Secretary positions are required to be posted for one week. Once the position has closed, it may take 2-4 weeks to review all applications and to arrange interviews. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring official will contact you directly to make these arrangements.
The posting has passed the close date. Can I still apply?
- The date listed on the posting is the “Job must be open until” date. This means that this posting will be accepting new applications until this date, but may close at any time after this date without notice. The hiring official will determine the date the position closes after this date.