Herb Connection-to Help Match NC Growers With Buyers
For Commercial Growers and Buyers
The purpose of this page is to help North Carolina medicinal herb growers connect with buyers to start building long-term relationships. If you are a buyer looking for a particular herb, please let me know what you want and in what volume. Be sure to date how long your request is good for (or it will be indefinite) and include contact information. North Carolina growers, if you have herb available now or in the near future, explain what you have and in what volumes. If you want to remain anonymous, please indicate such and we will have initial communications go to us. I will read your submission (and contact you if I have any questions), and post it in the Wanted or Available section below. Both growers and buyers should email their information to Jeanine_Davis@ncsu.edu and put “Herb Connection” in the subject line.
Because this is a regional industry, occasionally growers from other states will also be listed.
Growers, please be sure to practice the Suggested Good Agricultural Practices for Medicinal Herbs. We offered training on that in April 2015 and the videos are posted on our YouTube channel. The extension publication on the topic is linked here. We understand that sometimes you want to work in confidence or need personal assistance. We still offer that service on a limited basis. Please contact Margaret at Margaret_Bloomquist@ncsu.edu. She will be happy to assist you.
Disclaimer: We offer this page as a free service to help this industry grow. We know and interact with the growers and buyers listed here, but we do not certify, inspect, or vet the products listed for sale or the companies listed as buyers. We cannot vouch for the identify, cleanliness or safety of the products offered or the business practices of the buyers. Please do your own due diligence in “checking them out”.
AVAILABLE (For Sale by Growers):
Janice Johnson (2/12/2018)
- 800 pounds frozen, vacuum sealed dark Aronia berries
- 5 pounds elder flowers, frozen, vacuum sealed
I am located in Surry County. You can reach me at 336-351-4301.
Maple Spring Gardens (2/8/2018)
Cedar Grove, NC (Piedmont)
We offer several varieties of Medicinal Herbs both fresh and dried. Naturally & consciously grown, hand cultivated & hand harvested, all herbs are processed with high quality control.
A few of our abundant crops are:
- Blue Vervain
- Milky Oats
- Gotu Kola
For a full list of herbs grown and to download a PreOrder form for 2018, visit our website here: http://www.maplespringgardens.com/herbs.html
Contact: Sunshine Dawson email@example.com
Pangaea Plants LLC (1/11/2018)
Certified Organic, Certified Biodynamic and GAP Certified (2015)
Located near Asheville N.C.
- Anise hyssop, Agastache foeniculum
- Blue vervain, Verbena hastate
- Echinacea purpurea
- Holy basil (Tulsi Kapor, herb and seed), Ocinum sanctum
- Lemon balm, Melissa officinalis
- Passionflower official, Passiflora incarnata (Aerial parts in bloom and seed)
- Skullcap Of., Scutellaria lateriflora (Root and seed)
- Yarrow Of.
- Other Wild, Native, annual, perennial, medicinal herbs.
Green Heart Gardens (1/8/2018)
Certified Organic. Candler, NC
- Tulsi, Ocimum sanctum (Kapoor) 7lbs 15.5oz
- Blue Hyssop, Hyssopus oficionallis 6.5oz
- Boneset, Eupatorium perfoliatum 4lbs 11.25oz
- Catnip, Nepeta cataria 1lb 2.5oz
- Comfrey Root, Symphytum uplandicum 2lbs 7oz
- Elecampagne Root, Inula helenium 1lb 3.5oz
- Greater Celendine, Chelidonium majus 4oz
- Hops, Humulus lupulus 9.25oz
- Lemon Balm, Melissa officionalis 1lb .25oz
- Marshmallow root, Althaea officinalis 4.75oz
- Passionflower, Passiflora incarnata 3lbs .5oz
- Skullcap, Scutellaria lateriflora 14.5oz
- Valerian Root, Valerian officinalis 2lbs 2.5oz
- Wormwood, Artemisia absinthim 8.5oz
- Yarrow, Achillea millefolium 1lb 14.75oz
Contact: Lorri Bura firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Friendly Allies (10/13/17)
Marshall, NC (mountains)
Grown without chemicals, naturally grown and hand harvested.
Herbs Available Now. Dried.
- Dandelion, Taraxacum officinale Leaf $16.00 per lb
- Echinacea purpurea Tops/Leaf $20.00 per lb
- Marshmallow, Althaea officinalis Leaf/Flower $20.00
- St. Johns Wort, Hypericum perforatum Flowering Tops $25.00 per lb
- Yarrow, Achillea millefolium Flowering Tops $20.00
Herbs Available Starting Nov~Dec 2017. Fresh.
- Comfrey True, Symphytum officinale 2yr Roots $13.00 per lb
- Echinacea purpurea 2yr Roots $16.00 per lb
- Marshmallow, Althaea officinalis 2yr Roots $13.00 per lb
Contact: OurFriendlyAllies@gmail.com or call 828~206~1421
WANTED (Buyers looking for product):
I am interested in purchasing fresh rue by the pound to distribute in the New York City/Tri-State area. All year round supply would be ideal. I would also like to purchase dried rue in bulk. Please contact me at 845-820-5606.
Josephine Porter Institute for Applied Biodynamics (2/21/2018)
We are looking for bulk (25-75 lbs) amounts of the following:
- Horsetail (shaved grass) Equisetum arvense)
- German Chamomile (flowers) Matricaria recutita L.
Please call or email Alee Epperly at 540-745-7030 or email@example.com
Botanic Synergy (1/30/18)
I am a clinical aromatherapist in Wilmington, NC. I steam distill my own essential oils and hydrosols. I am searching for bulk amounts (20-50 lbs) of aromatic herbs. Specific plants would be clary sage, rosemary, peppermint, marjoram, sweetgrass, lemongrass, lemon balm, etc. I prefer the plants to be grown eco cert or organic. I am able to travel to farms for the plant material.
Contact: Kelly Smith at Mercury_Rising@outlook.com
Business website is: www.botanicsynergy.com
Heilbron Herbs (1/15/18)
Heilbron Herbs is a botanical processor and brand outside of Asheville, NC. I am working with regional growers to source fresh herbs upon harvest – the plant material will be dried in my drying facility, processed/sized if needed, and distributed through my brand to manufacturers and online to individuals. I also plan to offer drying and cut/sift processing as a service to growers who have their own sales avenues.
If you would be interested in talking about growing one or more herbs for me next year, please be in touch and I would love to talk about collaborating.
SARALYN BELLMER 641.919.7455
Blue Ridge Aromatics (12/21/17)
I’m looking for fresh, not dried harvests and anywhere from 20 lbs to a couple hundred lbs at a time. Organic or biodynamic growing methods are a requirement but certification isn’t. Here is a list of herbs I am interested in:
- Rose (Flowers – Including multiflora)
- Kudzu (Flowers)
- Tulsi (Holy Basil)
- Other Basil Spp
- Melissa (Lemon Balm)
- Scented Geranium (Rose is most desirable)
- Monarda (Bee Balm) Spp
- Trifoliate (Hardy) Orange (Ripe peels/green peels/flowers/leaves)
- Clary Sage
- Other Sage Spp
- Roman Chamomile
- German Chamomile
- Daisy Fleabane (Flowers)
- Goldenrod (Flowers)
- Mountain Mint
- Spicebush (Lindera) (Twigs & Leaves)
- Sweetshrub (Calycanthus) (Twigs)
- Sassafrass (Twigs)
- Sweet Birch (Twigs)
- Fraser Fir (Needles/Branches)
- Eastern Hemlock (Needles/Branches)
- Red/Blue/Black/Norway Spruce (Needles/Branches)
- Juniper (E. Red Cedar) (Needles/branches/berries/red sawdust or chips)
- Arborvitae/White Cedar (Needles/Branches)
Contact: Ian Montgomery by phone at 828-545-3963 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business website is: http://blueridgearomatics.com
Established North Carolina Company (12/5/17)
Established North Carolina company is seeking experienced grower(s) interested in cultivation of Arnica montana, dry whole plant for 2018. Annual Quantity 1000#+ per year. Would give confirmed contract.
Also looking for:
- 110# dry Tobacco leaf
- 4# fresh spiny leaves Onopordon acanthium (Scotch Cotton Thistle)
Contact: Margaret_Bloomquist@ncsu.edu to discuss
Judit Beres, Neomega Nutritionals (8/29/2017)
I am looking for NC farmers to grow rosemary and basil for my product in large quantities.
Judit Beres, Founder
Neomega Nutritionals , LLC
Jessie Dean, Asheville Tea Company L.L.C., (8/14/17)
Asheville Tea Company (a new tea blending business focused on locally-sourced craft tea blends), searching for a number of dried herbs/ botanicals in quantities of 2-3 pounds each.
- Dried herbs needed:
- Chamomile flower
- Anise Hyssop
- Lavender flower
- Tulsi basil
- Elderflower & Elderberry
- Oatstraw & Milky Oats
- Pineapple Sage Flower (& possibly leaf)
- Lime Basil
- Echinacea flower and leaf
- Spicebush leaf and berry
- Red Raspberry Leaf
- Blackberry Leaf
- Stinging Nettle
- Mountain Mint
- Various Basils & Mints (sweet basil, blue spice basil, cinnamon basil, apple mint, chocolate mint, orange mint, etc.)
- Birch Bark
- Lemon Balm
- Dried berries- Blueberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, Mulberry, etc
- Roselle/ Hibiscus
- Bergamot flower
- Bitter Orange
- Rose- Petals and Hips
- Dried Apples, other dried fruits
- Yaupon tea
- Camelia Sinensis (tea)
Jeannie Dunn, RedMoonHerbs.com (7/27/17)
Reply to: Jeannie@RedMoonHerbs.com
- Dried Red clover blossoms
- Dried Linden flower whole
- Dried Comfrey cut/sift
- Dried Nettles cut/sift
- Dried Oatstraw cut/sift
- Fresh and/or Dried Ginseng Leaf and Stem
- Fresh and/or Dried Goldenseal Leaf and Stem
- Fresh young motherwort leaf (very early spring) 4″ tops
- Fresh or Dried Elderberries
- Dried Calendula Flowers
- Eastern Osha (fresh)
- Local beeswax
From conscientious NC growers/wildcrafters (or those in a 150 mile radius) who practice organic farming and sustainable wild-harvesting. Please call to discuss quantity, quality and price!
Domestic Reputable Buyer (July 2017)
Seeking Forest Grown verified black cohosh and ginseng leaves
Contact: Margaret_Bloomquist@ncsu.edu for more information.
Christina, Golden Needle (2/22/2017)
Reply to: email@example.com
Golden Needle is looking for locally grown Chinese and Western herbs in 1 lb quantities, dried. Wild-crafted or cultivated under organic growing methods.