4-H Iron Chef Food Show
Monday, November 27, 2017
This year we are asking participants to bring a dish made with local foods! Be creative and use foods that can be grown in Wilson County such as sweet potatoes, squash, snap beans, corn, strawberries, peaches, beef, pork, and chicken.
We look forward to seeing, and most of all, tasting what you have prepared.
Fill out this form and return to the 4-H office if you wish to participate
by November 20, 2017. !
- Ag Center
- November 27, 2017
- Show starts 7:00 p.m. We will hold County Council elections, first, then Iron Chef competition. Food, place setting, table cloth and any decorations should be on the table and ready by 7:00.
- What to bring:
- Dish: already prepared
- Serving utensils
- 1 place setting (see attachment for example)
- Recipe with local foods marked
- Contestants will be judged based on presentation, knowledge of dish, and taste.
- Judges will taste each dish and ask each contestant questions about their dish.
- Judges will also ask questions about the nutritional value of each dish.
At the end of the food show, everyone will have the chance to taste food that each contestant has prepared.
Contact Kenyatta Dixon for more information!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-237-0113