The next teleconference broadcast
will take place on
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
9:00 am to noon
The topic of this teleconference is:
Communication with the public is often seen as a barrier to active forest management. However, with the right messages and a better understanding of our audience, public buy-in on forest decision making is possible. Appropriate communications can payoff from land mangement policy-making to on the ground forest opperations. This teleconference will review the most effect approaches to improve communications and public input in forest policy. Topics include:
- Where the public and forestry seem to divide: local, national, global.
- Recent case studies showing positive outcomes on conentious issues.
- Specific techniques to manage the media coverage of your management activities.
- Collaborations that brought former adversaries to the same side of the table.
- Sources for communication training for working professionals.
- Communicating with youth - the future friends or foes of forestry.
Registration deadlines: Regular $35 fee through March 2, $50 late fee starting March 3, 2011.
Register with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover at: www.ncsu.edu/feop/forum/FISreg.html
Register by fax or mail and pay by check at: www.ncsu.edu/feop/forum/
Educational Event Planning, Logistics and Delivery
Campus Box 8008, Raleigh, NC 27695-8008
Fhone: 919-515-9563 or 919-515-3184