The next teleconference broadcast
will take place on
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
9:00 am to noon
The topic of this teleconference is:
Forest Inventory Analysis (FIA) data from the USDA Forest Service has recently been completed for North Carolina. This information about NC's forest resources is used to track changes in our wood volume, forest health, urbanization, storm damage, etc. Yet access to this information by the general forestry community is challenging because of its complexity and format. Fortunately, there are natural resources researchers working to make the use of the information as widely available as possible. Our speakers at the March teleconference are doing just that and hoping to share practical uses of the data.
- Mark Brown, Forester/FIA Resource Analyst, USDAFS Southern Research Station
- North Carolina Division of Forest Resources FIA specialist
- Dr. Bob Abt, NC State University, Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources
- James Jeuck, NCSU Extension Forestry, GIS Specialist
- Dr. James McCarter, NCSU Adjunct Professor of Forestry
Registration deadlines: Early-bird fee $35 until March 2, 2010..
$50 registration fee starting March 3, 2010.
Register with MasterCard or Visa at: www.ncsu-feop.org
Register by fax or mail and pay by check at: www.ncsu.edu/feop/forum/
Educational Event Planning, Logistics and Delivery
Campus Box 8008, Raleigh, NC 27695-8008
Fhone: 919-515-9563 or 919-515-3184