Are you seeking assistance?
- The Association of Consulting Foresters - NC Chapter
- Consulting Foresters in North Carolina
- North Carolina Board of Registered Foresters
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension County Centers
- North Carolina Forest Service County Ranger Office
- Private Forestry Service Providers - Contractors and service providers
Additional resource links
Select the publication you want to read. Many of the publications are in pdf file format and are available free for downloading. A free pdf reader can be downloaded from Adobe.
- A Consumer’s Guide To Consulting Foresters (WON-6)
- First See a Forester (AG-619)
- Where to Go for Forestry Assistance (WON-3)
- An Introduction to Forest Certification (WON-42)
- Maintain Forest Property Boundaries (WON-35)
- North Carolina Forestry Best Management Practices Manual
- North Carolina Forestry Best Management Practices Quick Reference Field Guide (BMP Field Guide)
- Practicing Forestry Under Local Regulations (WON-41)
- Protecting Working Forests with Voluntary Agricultural District Programs (WON-44)
- Preserving the Past: A Guide for North Carolina Landowners (WON-45)
- A Family Forest: A planning guide to protect, enhance and manage private forestland (ST-06-06)
- A Short Guide to Modern Mapping Systems for Managing Woodlands (WON-60)
- An Information Guide to Forest and Wildlife Management (WON-2)
- Enrolling In North Carolina’s Forest Stewardship Program (WON-23)
- Forest Health-Community Wealth
- Forest Stewardship: Planning for Beauty and Diversity (WON-28)
- Managing For Hardwoods (WON-36)
- Management by Objectives: Successful Forest Planning (WON 32)
- Testing the Waters: Helpful Online Mapping Applications for Woodland Owners (WON-61)
- Understanding Forestry Terms (WON-26)
- Wildlife and Forest Stewardship (WON-27)
Need to know more information about forest management? Here are some key contacts if you need to get in touch with us.
Robert Bardon, Ph.D.
Emphasis: Community Forestry, Marketing, Woodlot Management
4233 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Dennis Hazel, Ph.D.
Emphasis: Forest Productivity, Christmas Tree Production
4229 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Emphasis: General Forestry, Forest Herbicides
4217 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Mark Megalos, Ph.D.
Emphasis: Forest Management, Taxes/Incentive Programs, Conservation Easements
4219 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus