Breadcrumb Navigation:Extension Forestry Home > NC Woody Biomass
NC Woody Biomass
- The BioEnergy Program at NC State University
- Biofuels Center of North Carolina
- BioSUCCEED: BioProducts Sustainability, a University Cooperative Center for Excellence in Education
- FiberAnalytics at NC State University. Provider of Resource Supply Assessments.
- NC BiomassTrader, North Carolina's marketplace for biomass, bio-based feedstocks, and bio-based energy products and fuels.
- Additional links of interest
STAY UP TO DATE WITH EXTENSION AND OUTREACH
- See the Biomass blog
Our NC Woody Biomass program provides educational opportunities and professional services related to the development of economic opportunities related to woody biomass-based alternative energy. This is accomplished through our expertise in outreach, research, and our ability to build partnerships. We work with NC Cooperative Extension agents in all 100 counties and partners, providing publications and online resources, conferences, county meetings, and field demonstrations. The program’s goal is to provide education and materials that promote economic opportunities related to woody biomass-based renewable energy. The program provides resource analyses to major utilities, private industries and others, a forum on bioenergy and other forms of alternative energy for the larger community. The program has publications and other resources available for your use. These materials provide information for anyone interested in learning more about woody biomass-based renewable energy. Select the resource below.
- Educational Opportunities for Landowners
- Educational Opportunities for Professionals
- Publications & Research
See what a landowner and business owner think about utilizing woody biomass as a feedstock for energy production by viewing our videos below.
Business Owner Perspective:
Need to know more information about our NC Woody Biomass program? Here are some key contacts if you need to get in touch with us.
Emphasis: Bioenergy resources
4227 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Dennis Hazel, Ph.D.
Emphasis: Forest Productivity, Christmas Tree Production
4229 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Emphasis: General Forestry, Forest Herbicides
4217 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Mark Megalos, Ph.D.
Emphasis: Forest Management, Taxes/Incentive Programs, Conservation Easements
4219 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus
Robert Bardon, Ph.D.
Emphasis: Community Forestry, Marketing, Woodlot Management
4233 Jordan Hall II, NCSU Campus