Welcome to the North Carolina State
This website is designed as a one-stop-shop to provide comprehensive information to growers, retailers, consumers, and anyone else interested in Christmas trees in North Carolina. Programs at NC State University emphasize the safe, sustainable, and profitable production of Christmas trees through research and extension programing.
Portal on Christmas Trees
- Christmas Trees at Home — Information on choosing and care of real Christmas trees
- Christmas Tree Associations — Where to locate real North Carolina grown Christmas trees
- Fraser Fir Pest Control Portal
- Christmas Tree Production and Pest Management: MOUNTAINS — Information for Fraser fir Christmas tree growers in western North Carolina
- Christmas Tree Production and Pest Management: EASTERN NC — Information for Piedmont and Coastal Plain Christmas tree growers
- Christmas Tree Farm Safety
- Business Planning, Marketing and Financial Management — another grower resource
Information for retailers
- What are people talking about?
- Christmas Tree Research at North Carolina State University — Listing of more than 200 research publications and articles developed by NCSU personnel in both research and extension
- Christmas Tree Contacts — how to get in touch with people at NCSU, NC Cooperative Extension, NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Sciences, and the NC Forest Service involved with Christmas trees at both the state and county level
- History of the Christmas Tree Industry in North Carolina
- NCSU Links and Resources